Definitions and interpretation
collectively all information that you submit to SteelEye Limited via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Act 1998;
a small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in the clause below (Cookies);
SteelEye Limited, or us
SteelEye Limited, a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 10581067 whose registered office is at Front Suite, 1st floor, 131, High Street, Teddington, TW118HH;
UK and EU Cookie Law
the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011;
User or you
any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by SteelEye Limited and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to SteelEye Limited and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services; and
the website that you are currently using, https://www.steel-eye.com, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
a. the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
c. a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
d. “including” is understood to mean “including without limitation”;
e. reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
4. We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
b. Date of Birth;
d. Job Title;
f. Contact Information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
g. Demographic information such as post code, preferences and interests;
h. IP address (automatically collected);
i. Web browser type and version (automatically collected);
j. A list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on this Website, and the site you exit to (automatically collected);
Our use of Data
5. For purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, SteelEye Limited is the “data controller”.
6. We will retain any Data you submit for 3 months.
7. Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, and subject to any third-party disclosures specifically set out in this policy, your Data will not be disclosed to third parties. This does not include our affiliates and / or other companies within our group.
8. All personal Data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998. For more details on security see the clause below (Security).
9. Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
a. internal record keeping;
b. improvement of our products / services;
c. transmission by email of promotional materials that may be of interest to you;
d. contact for market research purposes which may be done using email, telephone, fax or mail. Such information may be used to customise or update the Website;
Third party websites and services
10. SteelEye Limited may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with certain processes necessary for the operation of the Website. The providers of such services have access to certain personal Data provided by Users of this Website.
Links to other websites
Changes of business ownership and control
14. We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
15. In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
Controlling use of your Data
16. Wherever you are required to submit Data, you will be given options to restrict our use of that Data. This may include the following:
17. use of Data for direct marketing purposes; and
18. sharing Data with third parties.
Functionality of the Website
19. To use all features and functions available on the Website, you may be required to submit certain Data.
Accessing your own Data
21. You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal Data held by SteelEye Limited (where such Data is held) on payment of a small fee, which will not exceed £0.
22. Data security is of great importance to SteelEye Limited and to protect your Data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure Data collected via this Website.
23. If password access is required for certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
24. We endeavour to do our best to protect your personal Data. However, transmission of information over the internet is not entirely secure and is done at your own risk. We cannot ensure the security of your Data transmitted to the Website.
27. Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
28. This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts
You may contact SteelEye Limited by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To make this site work properly, we sometimes place small data files called cookies on your device. Most big websites do this too.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small text file that a website saves on your computer or mobile device when you visit the site. It enables the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login, language, font size and other display preferences) over a period of time, so you don’t have to keep re-entering them whenever you come back to the site or browse from one page to another.
- Essential Cookies: These cookies are needed for engagement of our site. These cookies enable you to move around Sites and use their features. Disabling these cookies will encumber the sites’ performance and some features and services may become unavailable.
- Customization Cookies Cookies: These cookies enable us to analyse visitor activities on our sites and on other sites in order to improve and optimise the way our sites work. For example, these cookies are used to see how easily the visitors navigate on our website and if they are able to find relevant information on our site.
- Analytics Cookies: We use third-party analytics cookies to track and measure our advertising campaign performance in order to help us improve our advertising campaigns and to optimise our website’s content in order to improve the experience of people who engage with our Advertising Campaigns
- Functionality Cookies: These cookies enable us to recognize the visitor when they return to our website. It helps us in personalising content for the visitor. For example, we use this cookie to remember the Language or region of choice.
- Advertising Cookies: These cookies will help us record the visitor’s online activities when they visit our website, the pages visited and the links that the visitor has clicked on. For example, when the visitor visits a specific page in our website, we may trigger an advertisement to be delivered to the visitor on our website and/or on other sites, for products referenced on that page or for similar products and services.
How long do cookies live on my device?
There are two types of cookies that we use.
- Session Cookies: These cookies expire and are automatically deleted when the visitor terminates the Internet browser.
- Persistent Cookies: These cookies stay on and do not expire when the visitor terminates the Internet browser. We and others use these cookies to understand the visitor behaviour, measure our advertising campaigns, how often the visitor visits our website.
How to control cookies
You can control and/or delete cookies as you wish. You can delete all cookies that are already on your computer and you can set most browsers to prevent them from being placed. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site and some services and functionalities may not work.